Monday, July 12, 2010

Your Thing to Ponder (Deeper Under)

Just some poetic snippets from crazy-wise people.

"My teacher told me one thing,
Live in the soul.
When that was so,
I began to go naked, and dance." - Lalla

"You've been walking
The ocean's edge, holding
Up your robes to keep them dry.
You must dive naked under,
And deeper under, a thousand times deeper!" - Rumi

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing,
There is a field. I'll meet you there." - Rumi

"I was dead, then alive,
Weeping, then laughing.
The power of love came into me,
And I became fierce like a lion,
Then tender like the evening star." - Rumi

"You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves." - Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.