Thursday, September 2, 2010

Your Thing to Ponder (A Complex Integration)

Allow me to beat a dead horse: don't make assumptions about what I do and what I am.


"I'm very sure that future of yoga will be safe and solid because of all the yoginis." - Sri T.K.V. Desikachar


"As yoginis we must conceive of a new liberation, one that does not seek a simplistic transcendence but rather a complex integration...by using yogic techniques that integrate the emotional and physical with the spiritual, women (and men who have the courage to resonate with their own feminine power) can strengthen themselves not only to resist the negativity of these tumultuous times but to positively influence the direction of life on earth." - Roxanne Kamayani Gupta, Ph.D


"The devadasi was revered as a living symbol of the goddess' shakti, or life-giving power." - Roxanne Kamayani Gupta, Ph.D


"When the devadasi danced, she became the embodiment of the divine, intending to transform the space being danced in as well as the audiences' visceral understanding." - Sofia Diaz


"I saw cascades of energy coming down...in which particles were created and destroyed. I saw the atoms of those elements and those of my body participating in this cosmic dance of energy. I felt its rhythm and heard its sound, and at that moment I knew that this was the dance of Shiva." - Fritjof Capra (about sitting on the beach and watching the waves)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say something.